Queensland Code of Practice for the Building and Construction Industry
The Code of Practice for the Building and Construction Industry outlines specific principles and standards of behaviour that underpin best practice while promoting positive change in the industry.
- define ethics and standards of behaviour expected of all parties
- encourage best practice and improve the performance of all parties for the relevant industry
- promote a cooperative approach when dealing with various parties
- outline expectations for workplace health and safety environmental management
- maximise opportunities for local industry participation as an aspect of value for money
- encourage professional development and industry training
- encourage high standards from those involved in the industry with commitment to comply with all laws, regulations, codes of practice and contracts relating to the industry.