Work for us
What we do
You can make a difference through a career with us. Our people are our major asset.
Our employees are the type of people who are committed to a fair and just society and safe, healthy, productive workplaces and communities. They are committed to good government and are interested in helping shape Queensland’s future.
Our staff provide direct services around Queensland in courts, youth detention centres and correctional facilities. We have staff who inspect licensed premises and casinos. We also employ corporate staff behind the scenes in finance, information and communication technology, human resources and facilities roles.
We also support vulnerable Queenslanders who have been the victims of crime, or have impaired ability to make important decisions about their health and finances.
We offer a variety of career paths and the opportunity to use your training and experience in roles where you will make a difference to the lives of Queenslanders.
You can find out more about our business areas here.
What we can offer you
We continue to build a culture that values and embraces health and safety, leadership and management capability, performance management and diversity. We know that a balance between work and life commitments helps our people deliver their best and you will have access to:
- work/life balance including flexible work arrangements (access to part-time and telecommuting)
- generous leave provisions including:
- 4 weeks annual leave (5 weeks annual leave in regional and remote locations)
- 2 weeks sick leave per year
- long-service leave after 7 years
- leave options for carers, emergencies, critical incidents and disasters
- maternity and paternity leave
- superannuation employer contribution of up to 12.75%
- salary sacrificing arrangements
- potential recognition of prior service (long service and sick leave entitlements) from previous government or educational institutions
- opportunities for training and professional development
- a safe, healthy and smoke-free work environment.
We understand that the best quality service will be delivered through a workforce that fully represents the community. Selection for employment is based on your skills, knowledge and abilities, and the specific requirements of the position. All people including those from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply for vacancies in the department.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people who identify as members of the following groups to apply:
- people with a disability
- people from a non-English speaking background
- Aboriginal people
- Torres Strait Islander people
- Australian South Sea Islander people.
We offer a range of learning and professional development opportunities including:
- in-house training
- professional networks
- practical and on the job training.
Staff Excellence Awards
We values the efforts of our workforce. We have a strong focus on acknowledging and rewarding our employees. We are dedicated to creating a positive workplace culture that celebrates and showcases outstanding contributions by individuals and teams.
Employee Assistance Service
We support our staff through life’s more difficult times such as grief, depression or domestic violence. We provide access to free, professional counselling to resolve these or other problems affecting work and/or personal life. This service is also available to immediate family members.
A career with us offers the opportunity to work and learn in a diverse environment. We advertise vacancies on the Queensland Government's Smart Jobs and Careers website. If you're thinking of joining us, contact the person who is listed on the advertised role description to find out more information including their culture and working conditions.
Applicant information package
The applicant information package provides information about applying for a job with us. It includes information about us, how to apply, the selection process and employment conditions.
When applying for a job with us it is a requirement that you read this in conjunction with the role description for the vacancy.