Skip links and keyboard navigation

The person is elderly

  • If you think someone is in danger, report it to the police immediately on triple zero (000).
  • You can contact the Elder Abuse helpline on 1300 651 192
  • You can contact a Seniors Legal and Support Service in your area.
  • You can contact the Office of the Adult Guardian directly with your concerns. The Office of the Adult Guardian has certain powers to investigate allegations of abuse, neglect or exploitation if the person can’t make decisions for themselves
  • You can contact Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) directly with your concerns. QCAT has the power to appoint a guardian to help adults who can’t make decisions for themselves by making certain personal and health care decisions on their behalf.

Last reviewed
17 May 2013
Last updated
7 November 2013

Rate this page

  1. How useful was the information on this page?
Close window

Send this page to a friend