Use these tips to complete and submit your registration form.
Note: the application submission process only requires you have Adobe Reader 9 or higher and access to an email account.
We recommend that you consult your IT administrator before changing any browser or network settings.
Pentium 4 2.6GHz (or equivalent) and 512MB RAM (4GB preferred).
Not all internet browsers and Adobe Reader versions are compatible with application and registration forms. Read this factsheet to view the optimal combinations of internet browser on your operating system (i.e. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7) and Adobe Reader versions.
If you are experiencing issues, check your browser version. You can find your browser version by selecting the about Internet Explorer link in the help menu.
If you are using Internet Explorer version 8 or 9 you may need to make sure that your compatibility settings are correct. The below simulations will show you how to enable the Internet Explorer 8 or 9 compatibility view setting (Note: The examples demonstrate the Office of State Revenue website; however, the process is the same).
- Enabling IE8 compatibility mode
- Enabling IE9 compatibility mode
- Download Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9
You will need Adobe Reader version 9 or higher. Other PDF readers are not supported. Not all internet browsers and adobe reader versions are compatible with application and registration forms. Read this factsheet to view the optimal combinations of internet browser for your operating system (i.e. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7) and Adobe Reader versions.
The operation of Adobe Reader is affected by certain add-ons. We recommend that you:
- enable Adobe Reader add-ons for forms to display and function correctly
- disable anti-virus add-ons, which monitor your online usage and aim to stop you from clicking malicious links on websites. Disabling these add-ons will not restrict your internet security or anti-virus software from quarantining and removing threats.
From the Tools menu, select Manage Add-ons, then select Enable or Disable Add-ons.
- Highlight the Adobe add-ons and select Enable. Click OK.
- Highlight any add-ons that mention 'anti-virus' and select Disable. Click OK.
You may need to restart your browser for the changes to take effect.
Application forms use pop-up boxes for certain aspects of its operation. If your browser blocks these pop-ups, the application form may not operate correctly. When allowing pop-ups for this application form, please note that third-party pop-up blockers (such as the Google toolbar) operate independently of the browser pop-up blocker.
- Click Tools.
- Select Pop-up Blocker, then Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- Enter *.justice.qld.gov.au in the Address of website to allow field.
- Click Add.
- Confirm that *.justice.qld.gov.au appears in the Allowed sites box.
- Click Close.
- Close then restart Internet Explorer.
Changing settings to allow cookies is done through the privacy tab in internet options (tools menu). Make sure you only allow cookies for this website (registration and application forms). We recommend that you discuss any effects on security with your IT administrator, if you have one.
If you have entered www.justice.qld.gov.au into your trusted site settings (security tab in internet options), you may still need to click yes to any trusted-site pop-up messages that appear when using this website.
General browser maintenance
Temporary internet files building up over time can cause your internet sessions to run slowly. Deleting these files regularly may help restore performance.
If your browser and operating system are compatible with our minimum requirements and you are still having issues, it is possible the errors are due to specific terminal settings or network security settings. These issues can only be resolved by your network administrator. If these issues can't be resolved, please contact CBFU to discuss other ways to access registration or application forms.