Many organisations and community groups contact us each year seeking sponsorship.
Our sponsorship policy, in line with the state government framework, has specific criteria that sponsorship proposals must meet.
When seeking sponsorship, make sure your written proposal includes:
- the aims of your event or project
- the benefits to our department, for example your event or project may raise awareness or improve access to the justice system
- how you will measure your event or project's success in achieving those aims
- the amount of money or 'in kind' (non-financial) support you are requesting
- other sponsors, particularly if they are Queensland Government departments
- organisational details including whether you hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and are GST-registered.
We do not sponsor individuals, political or religious organisations, or activities that contravene our departmental policies.