Immigrant Women’s Support Service
Immigrants Women’s Support Service (IWSS) offers cost free, culturally sensitive and confidential advocacy, counselling and support to immigrant and refugee women and their children from non-English speaking backgrounds that are affected by domestic and sexual violence.
IWSS can provide face to face support to women in the Greater Brisbane area. Telephone contact and support is available to women Queensland-wide, including those in remote and rural areas.
- culturally sensitive support, information and referral
- confidential and professional counselling and/or case management
- advocacy and support in negotiating systems (eg. legal, health, housing, migration etc)
- use of professional interpreters when required by the women
- bicultural-bilingual workers
- telephone contact and support for women who live in remote and rural areas
- group and community education activities
Telephone: Domestic Violence Program +61 7 3846 3490
Sexual Assault Program +61 7 3846 5400
Hours of operation: 9.00am to 4.00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Postal Address: PO Box 5490, West End Qld 4101
Find out more about IWSS on their website.