North Queensland Domestic Violence Resource Centre
Service outage notice
Website maintenance will be occuring between 1am-7am AEST on both 11 and 13 December 2013. You may receive a timeout or error message during this period.
The North Queensland Domestic Violence Resource Service (NQDVRS) aims to provide a possible range of crisis intervention, face to face assistance and group programs for victims and perpetrators of domestic and family violence.
NQDVRS services include:
- Information and support- workers provide direct support services
- Community education- aims to increase knowledge and understanding of domestic and family violence to individuals and groups in Townsville and the Northern Region
- Court support- support is provided in the Maigstrates Court for aggrieved persons who have applied for Protection Orders to assist with their safety and provides information for respondents
- Aardvark (Acknowledgment and Recognition of Domestic Violence and Real Change) - a program for children who have experienced living with Domestic and family violence
- MENter (Men Towards Equal Relationships) - a program that can assist men to find solutions to the negative beliefs that cause violence and which prevent them from safer, respectful, meaningful partnerships
- Being a Father - a program designed for any father over 18years who uses or has used domestic violence
- Fax-back - a partnership between NQDVRS and the Qld Police Service to provide a better response to Domestic Violence
- Dovetail - a consistent, strong and intergrated response to violence in the home
Townsville: +61 7 4721 2888
Mt Isa: +61 4743 0946
Mackay: +61 4957 3888
Hours of operation: 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Postal Address: PO Box 6061, Townsville Qld 4810
Find out more about NQDVRS on their website.