About the taskforce
The Taskforce on organised crime legislation will commence on 22 June 2015.
The membership of the Taskforce consists of senior representatives from the Department of Justice and Attorney-General, the Queensland Police Service, the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, the Queensland Police Union, the Queensland Police Commissioned Officers’ Union of Employees, the Queensland Law Society, the Bar Association of Queensland and the Public Interest Monitor.
The Taskforce will commence on 22 June 2015 and will review:
- Criminal Law (Criminal Organisations Disruption) Amendment Act 2013;
- Tattoo Parlours Act 2013;
- Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act 2013;
- Criminal Law (Criminal Organisations Disruption) and Other Legislation Act 2013; and
- Criminal Code (Criminal Organisations) Regulation 2013.
The Chairperson is to provide a written report to the Attorney-General and Minister for Justice and Minister for Training and Skills by 31 March 2016.