Office for Women and Violence Prevention community events calendar
The events promoted in the Office for Women and Violence Prevention community events calendar send a clear message that gendered violence will not be tolerated, and that our community will strive for promotion and protection of women’s rights, interests and wellbeing all year round.
Community groups are encouraged to register an event to be considered for inclusion in the calendar.
Healing Hands Candlelight Vigil
Tuesday 31 May 2022 16.00 pm
Lenore Wasaga (Domestic & Family Violence Consultant, Family Wellbeing Service, IUIH/MATSICHS)
The Institute for Urban Indigenous Health/Moreton Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health Services (IUIH/MATSICHS) Family Wellbeing Service are partnering with MERCY to hold a community event - the Healing Hands Candlelight Vigil for Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month. A traditional Smoking and Healing Ceremony will also be conducted as a part of our ways and our community's way of healing and to remember all victims who have been lost to, and affected by DFV.
- Tuesday 31 May 2022 16.00pm
- Tuesday 31 May 2022 18.00pm
- Free event
- Caboolture Town Square, 4 Hasking St, Caboolture, QLD, 4510
- Wheelchair access with carer
- Not required
- Lenore Wasaga (Domestic & Family Violence Consultant, Family Wellbeing Service, IUIH/MATSICHS)
- 0427 085 828
- https://www.mercycommunity.org.au/ and https://www.iuih.org.au/our-services/health-and-wellbeing-services/child-and-family-services/family-wellbeing-service/
While every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of this site, we do not endorse events listed in this calendar. Links to third party websites are inserted for convenience only and should not be seen as an endorsement by the Department Justice and Attorney-General. We make no representation or warranty regarding the content of these sites, and no responsibility is taken for the consequences of viewing or reliance on this content.