Investing in Queensland Women Grants
Are you interested in advancing the lives of women and girls and achieving gender equality?
Are you a community group or organisation that has an idea for an event, resource or project that would benefit women and girls across Queensland?
The Investing in Queensland Women grant program (the grant program) supports community groups and organisations across Queensland’s urban, rural and remote regions with resources to lead projects and events designed to create positive change for women and girls.
To assist in getting your idea up and running, the grant program provides one-off grants of up to $15,000 for projects and events that align with the Queensland Government’s strategic priorities and address the unique issues faced by women and girls.
Grant rounds are released twice a year, with a total allocation of $270,000 in funds (excluding GST) per round.
How to apply
You can read the following documents for more information about applicant eligibility, selection criteria and requirements for successful applicants:
- 2023 grant information and application guidelines (PDF) (or DOCX)
- Short form (particulars non-service provision) agreement
- Short form terms and conditions (PDF).
Previous successful funding applications
To find out about the initiatives that have been funded in the past, you can browse the full lists of successful applicants from previous grant program funding rounds:
- 2023 Round 1—Investing in Queensland Women successful applicants
- 2022 Round 2—Investing in Queensland Women successful applicants
- 2022 Round 1—Investing in Queensland Women successful applicants
- 2021 Round 2—Investing in Queensland Women successful applicants
- 2021 Round 1—Investing in Queensland Women successful applicants
Every organisation that submitted a funding application will receive written notification of the outcome of their application.
Funding dates and funding available
Applications for Round 2 are now open and close at 5pm on 20 October 2023.
A total allocation of $540,000 per annum (ex GST) will be made available through 2 grant rounds of $270,000 (ex GST) each.
Organisations may submit 1 application per round.
The application will be considered under 1 of the following categories:
- Category 1: Up to $5,000 for small scale projects and/or events (e.g. an awareness-raising event, a workshop or a training session, or development of basic resources).
- Category 2: Up to $10,000 for larger scale projects and/or events involving a larger audience or multiple events, or with longer term impacts (e.g. a series of workshops or events, a set of resources to be used well into the future, a medium to large scale awareness-raising campaign).
- Category 3: Up to $15,000 for more substantial initiatives involving multiple elements, which may be delivered jointly between 2 or more organisations or community groups. Partnerships may include cash contributions and/or in-kind contributions.
Successful applicants may be offered full or partial grant funding.
An online forum will be held on 10 October 2023 to provide an opportunity to ask questions about the grant program, the application process and how to write and application.
- How to write an effective grant proposal (PDF) (or DOCX) provides you with a step-by-step approach on how to write your grant application for the grant program.
- What is expected of an organisation if they are successful in this grants program (PDF) (or DOCX) provides you with the information you need to know regarding reporting requirements and what outcomes we are looking for if you are successful in your application.
- Read our Frequently asked questions (PDF) (or DOCX).