Recording and transcription project
A reporting and transcription project is underway to transition the Queensland Courts to a new recording and transcription service by March 2021.
Our role is to:
- review current court recording and transcription services
- identify future options for service delivery
- recommend the best overall value-for-money option
- roll out new recording and transcription services.
We are working closely with key stakeholders to ensure an open and fair process that will deliver a recording and transcription service that is efficient and value for the public.
We have completed a comprehensive consultation process, which included the Judiciary, courts staff and external agencies, as well as the market.
We then explored options for recording and transcription services and identified a new service delivery model that ensures quality and timely court transcripts, while ensuring the best value for money.
We are progressing the procurement and implementation of the project.
The project will include:
- service design and planning
- recording platform design, procurement and roll out
- service operations design and establishment
- transcription service procurement.
A high-level design has been defined and multiple procurement activities will be needed to achieve the project outcomes.
Three procurement opportunities will open to the market in 2019.
Recording software procurement
The Recording Software invitation to offer was released on 7 May 2019 and is available on QTenders.
The purpose of this first procurement is to purchase the software that will be integrated into the DJAG recording platform and used to record and provide transcripts of court proceedings.
This procurement opportunity closes 5 June 2019.