The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) values results, professional growth, workforce diversity and a balance between work and life commitments.
Staff are actively encouraged and supported as individuals and have access to excellent working conditions, a range of work experiences, learning and development opportunities.
Entry level/paralegal employment opportunities
If you are interested in employment opportunities with the ODPP please submit an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include:
- your current resume, including names and contact details of 2 referees with knowledge of your work performance and experience
- a cover letter expressing your interest in the position
- a copy of your academic transcript.
We offer a 4-week Work Experience Placement Program (WEPP) to law students who have a genuine interest in criminal law.
WEPP students gain practical experience by:
- being exposed to a wide variety of criminal law matters
- working as part of a professional team
- developing a comprehensive knowledge of the criminal justice system
- gaining skills through professional development opportunities.
We look for people who:
- can think on their feet
- are team players who can work under pressure with minimal supervision
- understand the criminal justice system
- can manage time effectively
- are skilled communicators with excellent negotiation, advocacy and interpersonal skills
- possess strong administrative, organisational, word processing and database skills.
For more information, please contact your relevant university work experience coordinator:
- Bond Law: email@example.com
- College of Law: Contact the College of Law Work Experience Coordinator
- Griffith University: firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Cook University: email@example.com
- QUT Law: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern Cross University: email@example.com
- University of Queensland Law: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Southern Queensland: email@example.com
- University of Sunshine Coast: firstname.lastname@example.org.