Phenomenal success was achieved by the Gladstone Coordinated Community Response to Domestic and Family Violence (CCRDFV) with their Paint the Town Purple Against Domestic Violence Campaign. The Gladstone CCRDFV asked the community to go purple to say Not Now, Not Ever!
Here's what happened:
- Purple window displays at business & organisations
- Wooden purple ribbons on poles
- GRC put stickers with phone numbers in all public toilets in the region
- Capricornia QPS put purple ribbon sticker on all police cars
- DV Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Display at Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum of art work created by local high school students in the LOVE BiTES program.
- LOVE BiTES presented to Chanel High School
- CCRDFV displays at Boyne Tannum Hookup, football, soccer, Bunnings, Rainbow Run
- Football & soccer teams wore a purple sock
- Purple parties & events
- Purple ribbons on letterboxes, pets, uniforms
- Schools purple ribbon days
- GLAD Packs donations.
Contact: Vicki Dredge - CCRDFV Gladstone
Phone: (07) 4971 3222