SE Qld severe weather event
Areas of heavy rain are continuing around southeast Queensland and a Severe Weather Warning is current. Many catchments are now saturated so there is an increased risk of dangerous and life-threatening flash flooding and even landslides during this event. Numerous Major Flood Warnings are current across southeast Queensland.
Locally intense rainfall is likely and since many catchments are now saturated there is an increased risk of dangerous and life-threatening flash flooding and even landslides during this event. Damaging wind gusts are possible about the southeast Queensland coast and nearby adjacent inland areas today.
The Department of Justice and Attorney-General is currently monitoring the evolving situation and liaising with relevant authorities about possible impacts on services.
Updates will be posted here.
- Stay tuned to messaging from authorities and the latest warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology.
- Understand flooding and road closures by visiting the QLDTraffic website or by downloading the QLDTraffic app.
- Public transport has been impacted and you should visit Translink to understand weather affected services.
- If you need assistance with non-life threatening situations such as rising floodwater phone the SES on 132 500.
- Call the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349 if you are experiencing emotional stress or personal financial hardship from this event.
- Understand current school closures.
- People are also being asked to conserve drinking water in South East Queensland.