Consent for use of images through social media
If you’ve posted a great photo or video on your socials about one of our products or services, we may send you a private/direct message asking if we can re-post it on ours. If you say YES, you are consenting to the following:
- Agree to the State of Queensland, it’s employees, officers, agents and contactors ('the State')
- re-posting the identified images or recordings, whether sound, digital or otherwise ('images and recordings')
- using, publishing or reproducing the images and recordings in any form (in whole or in part) and by any social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, SnapChat or other multi-media, for public relations, promotions, commercial and advertising purposes (“promotional materials”)
- retaining or storing the images and recordings (including those incorporated into promotional materials), in hard copy or digitally.
- agree that the rights granted to the State under clause 1 are perpetual and that I will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the State in connection with the making, use or storage of the images and recordings.
- agree to the State collecting, storing, handling, accessing, managing, transferring, using and disclosing personal information, including but not limited to our name, original post message, account handle, details and image, in connection with the images and recordings or the promotional materials.
- acknowledge and agree that any promotional materials expressly or by implication, are, at the date of publication, made in good faith and are not intended to defame or offend or bring me into disrepute and, to the best of the State’s knowledge, are true and correct;
- agree the State is the owner of the copyright in the re-posted images and recordings and the physical images and recordings.
- acknowledge I am consenting to the use the images and recordings of my own free will, on the full understanding and comprehension of the terms.
- acknowledge should I wish to revoke my consent for the use of images and recordings, I am required to contact the department via private message to request their removal.
For images and recordings featuring children (if applicable)
- declare that I am the parent/legal guardian of the child or children depicted in the images and recordings and have authority to consent to the use of their image.