Legal Services Coordination Unit
The Legal Services Coordination Unit (LSCU) within the Department of Justice and Attorney-General leads and promotes the development and implementation of legal services policy and practice across government. The LSCU also supports Queensland Government agencies to obtain efficient outcomes from legal service providers.
- administers, on behalf of the Attorney-General, Cabinet issued legal services directions and guidelines
- provides advice on implementing legal services directions and guidelines to whole-of-government
- manages legal services policy and reform initiatives, particularly those with whole-of-government implications
- implements strategies to ensure government can access high quality and cost effective legal services
- supports agencies to be informed purchasers of legal services
- coordinates training opportunities and resources across government to support government lawyers
- coordinates inter-agency forums, to enable government legal managers to develop and share practice management skills, knowledge and experience and collaboratively engage in the development of legal services policy initiatives and reforms
- coordinates Queensland Government responses to coronial recommendations.