Amending personal information
You have the right to request an amendment of your personal information that we hold if you believe the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading.
Before submitting a formal amendment application, contact us and ask us to amend the personal information that requires updating (e.g. if you simply wish to update your contact details).
If you wish to make a formal application to amend your personal information under the Information Privacy Act 2009 (IP Act), you can download the application form and submit your application by either post, fax, email or in person.
Applications for amendment under the IP Act do not incur an application fee, or access or processing charges.
Right to Information and Privacy
Department of Justice and Attorney-General
GPO Box 149
Brisbane QLD 4001
50 Ann Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
You have similar review rights with Information Privacy amendment applications as with Right to Information applications.
You can dispute our decision if:
- we decide the application is outside the scope of the IP Act
- we decide the application does not comply with the requirements of the IP Act
- we refuse to deal with the amendment application
- we refuse to amend the information
- we decide you were not entitled to make the amendment application to our agency
- you receive notice of a deemed decision
- apply for an internal review of the decision, by another departmental officer no less senior than the original decision-maker
- apply directly to the Information Commissioner for an external review of the decision.
You must apply in writing for a review within 20 business days after the date of the written notice of the decision.