Work for us
What we do
You can make a difference through a career with us. Our people are our major asset.
Our employees are committed to a fair and just society and safe, healthy, productive and inclusive workplaces and communities. They are committed to good government and are interested in helping shape Queensland’s future.
Our staff provide direct services in courts around Queensland. We have staff who inspect licensed premises and casinos. We also employ corporate staff behind the scenes in finance, information and communication technology, human resources and facilities roles.
We also support vulnerable Queenslanders who have been the victims of crime, or have impaired ability to make important decisions about their health and finances.
We offer a variety of career paths and the opportunity to use your training and experience in roles where you will make a difference to the lives of Queenslanders.
Find out more about our business areas.
What we can offer you
When you join us, you’ll be able to access a comprehensive range of employee benefits. From corporate discounts to professional development opportunities, there’s something for everyone including:
- flexible work options
- generous leave provisions including:
- 4 weeks annual leave (5 weeks annual leave in regional and remote locations)
- 2 weeks sick leave per year
- long service leave after 7 years
- leave options for carers, emergencies, critical incidents and disasters
- maternity and paternity leave
- superannuation contributions of up to 12.75%
- salary sacrificing arrangements
- potential recognition of prior service (long service and sick leave entitlements) from previous government or educational institutions
- potential recognition of prior learning
- professional development and study assistance
- wellbeing initiatives
- access to an employee assistance program
- comprehensive domestic and family violence support options
- annual staff recognition awards
- staff working groups and networks i.e. First Nations, Just Pride, Just Ability and Women’s Network
- White Ribbon Australia accredited workplace.
We understand that the best quality service will be delivered through a workforce that fully represents the community. Selection for employment is based on your skills, knowledge and abilities, and the specific requirements of the position. All people including those from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply for vacancies in the department. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacancies in our department.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people who identify as members of the following groups to apply:
- people living with a disability
- people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Aboriginal peoples
- Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Australian South Sea Islander peoples
- people from LGBTIQ+ communities and their allies.
We offer a range of learning and professional development opportunities including:
- in-house training
- professional networks
- practical and on the job training.
Staff Excellence Awards
We value the efforts of our workforce. We have a strong focus on acknowledging and rewarding our employees. We are dedicated to creating a positive workplace culture that celebrates and showcases outstanding contributions by individuals and teams.
Employee Assistance Service
We support our staff through life’s more difficult times such as grief, depression or domestic violence. We provide access to free, professional counselling to help resolve these or other problems affecting our employees' work and/or personal lives. This service is also available to immediate family members.
A career with us offers the opportunity to work and learn in a diverse environment. We advertise vacancies on the Queensland Government's Smart Jobs and Careers website. If you're thinking of joining us, contact the person listed on the advertised role description to find out more information, including their culture and working conditions.
Applicant information package
The Applicant information package provides information about applying for a job with us. It includes information about us, how to apply, the selection process and employment conditions.
When applying for a job with us it is a requirement that you read this in conjunction with the role description for the vacancy.