Commemorative Grants funding recipients
To celebrate 25 years of supporting local community groups and support services, the Commemorative Grants funding round was available to 11 successful applicants for initiatives that will significantly benefit Queensland communities (10 grants of up to $100,000 and one grant up to $250,000).
Below are the list of successful recipients and how they will use the grants:
- The Townsville Hospital Foundation—to purchase dialysis machines and blood monitors ($232,700)
- Motor Neurone Disease Association of Queensland, Inala—to purchase medical equipment ($93,350)
- Children’s Hospital Foundation Queensland, Brisbane—to purchase 3D stationary camera for paediatric surgeries ($100,000)
- Radio Lollipop, South Brisbane—to develop a Radio Lollipop listening platform ($90,745)
- Lions Club of Withcott Helidon—to upgrade a facility ($100,000)
- Outback Festival Inc—for the outback festival in Winton ($100,000)
- Stanthorpe Agricultural Society—to upgrade a facility ($100,000)
- Sheltered by Grace, Waterford—to construct a homeless transition and training centre ($97,795)
- 4 Aussie Heroes Foundation, Mount Ommaney—to construct a horse arena ($84,440)
- Volunteer Marine Rescue Association Queensland, Yorke Island—to purchase a rescue vessel ($100,000)
- Queensland Maritime Museum Association, South Brisbane—to construct a function centre ($93,380)
Learn about the current round of funding for the Gambling Community Benefit Fund.