GCBF funding priorities
Your application will be prioritised depending on what you're requesting the Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF) grant for.
The Gambling Community Benefit Committee consistently and fairly prioritises the way grants are distributed and provides the Minister with recommendations based on the objectives of the GCBF.
Consider these priorities and other determining factors when submitting your application.
The committee prioritises GCBF funding applications in this order, where 1 has the highest priority.
- Items/facilities directly affected, damaged or destroyed by a declared natural disaster in the last 2 years.
- Equipment or facility improvements.
- Buses, cars, caravans, boats, tractors, trailers, large mowers, motorbikes and similar items.
- Community events, training, workshops, festivals, publications and website development.
- Organisations that have received more than $15,000 from the GCBF within the last 2 years.
Other determining factors
The committee also considers these factors when deciding how to distribute the GCBF funding:
- financial position of the organisation
- age of the organisation
- value for money
- other contributions (financially or in-kind) towards the items
- whether the organisation can generate income
- benefits to more than one organisation
- number of applications by the same sponsor
- location of the organisation and benefits to the region
- target group that's being assisted
- government priorities identified by the Minister.