Items eligible for GCBF funding
Organisations can apply for a wide variety of items under the Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF), for example:
- community events/training
- equipment (including medical equipment)
- facility improvements
Ineligible GCBF items
Some items are considered ineligible and are unlikely to be funded. When applying, make sure to consider these, as well as the funding priorities.
If your GCBF application is successful, you can only buy approved items; any amounts for ineligible items will be removed.
You can’t apply for funding for the following:
- items purchased prior to approval
- items ordered, committed to (with a signed document or paid deposit) or bought before the funding was approved
- events/workshop where the event date occurs before the expected funding round announcement
- fees for services
- grant writer or grant assistance fees (i.e. fees to manage grant applications and funding)
- project management fees
- certain excluded items
- purchases from a grant writer or their associated companies
- equipment or services that will benefit an individual
- gifts or prizes
- purchases from overseas suppliers (without prior approval from us)
- operating costs
- money budgeted or set aside for contingencies or costs not yet incurred
- general operating/recurring costs
- repayment of debts and loans
- overseas travel
- member or staff social events
- facility improvements to any community title, body corporate or retirement living scheme or similar entity (as determined by us)
- help with generating income
- subsidies (i.e. using the grant to acquire or gain eligibility for other grants or contributions)
- sponsorship (i.e. using the grant to secure sponsorship for the organisation).
Items unlikely to be funded
These items and costs are also unlikely to be approved for funding:
- salaries and wages
- rent and lease costs
- public liability insurance for events
- administration expenses such as stationery, postage and office supplies
- consumable items such as food, petrol, uniforms
- internal training not provided by a third party
- prepaid or store cards.
The Queensland Government encourages you to buy local and support local suppliers.
Any items purchased from an overseas supplier without prior approval from us will be declined and any grant funds you have received will need to be returned.
If you intend to buy from an overseas supplier, please submit a written request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org that:
- includes a quote from the supplier
- explains why the item(s) can’t be bought in Australia.