The following units make up the Investigations and Enforcement division.
Major and Financial Investigations
This unit handles large investigations that:
- involve serious misconduct that causes large-scale loss for consumers
- suggest that a business is repeatedly offending
- involve work with other agencies, such as interstate or federal agencies
- look into claims of inappropriately used trust account money by businesses and licensees in a range of industries.
- Investigates if a business has broken one of our laws.
- Prosecutes businesses and licensees in a court or in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT).
Consumer Product Safety
- Educates the public about choosing safe products and using them safely.
- Investigates businesses that are selling unsafe products.
- Removes unsafe products from sale.