Best Practice and Evidence Base Legal Assistance Forum
The Best Practice and Evidence Base Legal Assistance Forum (BPEBLAF) was established as a sub-specialist sub-forum of the Queensland Legal Assistance Forum (QLAF).
The purpose of the BPEBLAF is to promote cooperation and collaboration between legal and non-legal service providers (as appropriate) to improve the quality and effectiveness of services and client outcomes through improved practice, efficient systems and professional, well-trained staff.
The BPEBLAF also builds on empirical research, evidence and analysis of legal need in Queensland to inform service planning and best practice approaches for legal assistance services.
The BPEBLAF is comprised of representatives from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service
- Basic Rights Queensland
- Caxton Legal Centre Inc
- Community Legal Centres Queensland
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- Legal Aid Queensland
- Queensland Indigenous Family Violence Legal Service
- Women’s Legal Service Queensland.
Terms of reference
- Participate in collaborative service planning initiatives.
- Build on the latest empirical research on priority demographic groups to assist service providers to:
- understand the best practice principles to ensure service planning focuses on evidence and collaboration when service planning so that services are targeted, timely, appropriate, integrated and holistic.
- adopt best practice approaches in delivering legal assistance services to client groups.
- plan services and better target legal assistance services.
- Identify and provide advice to the QLAF on priority initiatives.
- Provide advice on project funding to address priority initiatives and share information and resources to facilitate the implementation of the initiatives.
- Act as a steering group for specific projects and initiatives as required.