Community Legal Education Legal Assistance Forum
The Community Legal Education Legal Assistance Forum (CLELAF) was established in June 2011 after extensive consultation with stakeholders across the community legal sector. The forum's purpose is to promote cooperation and collaboration between legal service providers who are delivering and initiating community legal education activities. The network also seeks to promote and share good practice models.
CLELAF activities include:
- web-based legal information
- written publications including factsheets, information kits and legal guides
- legal information sessions for members of the community, community support and government workers
- community development projects that focus on increasing awareness within more hard- to-reach communities
The membership of this legal assistance forum (LAF) includes representatives from the community legal sector and government legal service providers delivering community legal education (CLE) services.
Terms of reference
The terms of reference for the CLELAF are to promote cooperation and collaboration between legal service providers who are delivering and initiating community legal education activities by:
- sharing information about local and national CLE initiatives to avoid duplication
- identifying opportunities for collaboration
- promoting CLE models of good practice
- creating and supporting opportunities for professional development for CLE workers
- keeping the Queensland Legal Assistance Forum (QLAF) informed of current CLE trends and innovative projects that will assist the legal assistance services sector in delivering services to disadvantaged Queenslanders.
The CLELAF will report its activities quarterly to the QLAF via a summary report.
This network will meet every quarter and rotate the meeting venue between services. Each meeting will decide a focus or theme to maximise value for worker time and enhance professional development and shared learning opportunities for network members. Our department will provide secretariat support.