External Review of the Queensland operations of The Star Entertainment Group Limited
The Hon. Robert Gotterson AO KC was appointed to conduct an external review of the Queensland operations of The Star Entertainment Group Limited under the Casino Control Act 1982 (Qld).
The Review reported to the Attorney-General and Minister for Justice, Minister for Women and Minister for the Prevention of Domestic and Family Violence on 30 September 2022.
Read or download the Gotterson Report.
Terms of reference
Read or download the Terms of Reference.
The Review convened public hearings on 14 July and 23, 24, 25 and 29 August 2022.
Read or download the Witness list.
Watch the public hearings live below.
The public hearing transcripts are published below. It may take several business days for transcripts to be made available.
|Day of hearing||Hearing date||Link to transcript|
|1||14 July 2022||Transcript|
|2||23 August 2022||Transcript|
|3||24 August 2022||Transcript|
|4||25 August 2022||Transcript|
|5||29 August 2022||Transcript|
Read or download the available non-publication orders:
- Non-publication order issued by Mr Gotterson AO KC on 23 August 2022
- Draft Non-publication order which Counsel Assisting proposed be made on 24 August 2022
- Non-publication order issued by Mr Gotterson AO KC on 24 August 2022
- Further Non-publication order issued by Mr Gotterson AO KC on 24 August 2022
Documents released by the Review
Read or download the following documents released by the Review:
- STA.6005.0013.3855—Email trail about cake order
- STA.6005.0013.3857—Image of Rolex cake
- STA.6005.0013.3585—Email invoice from Ab Fab Cakes
- STA.6002.0016.2257—Email of November 2015 regarding MD monthly update (October)
- STA.6002.0016.3668—Email of December 2015 regarding November monthly update
- STA.6005.0013.0466—Email of May 2017 regarding cake
- STA.6005.0013.0652—Email of May 2017 regarding present
- STA.6006.0001.0183—Email of December 2015 regarding birthday data
- STA.6006.0002.7086—Email of October 2015 regarding other options
- STA.6006.0002.7099—Email of October 2015 regarding incentives
- STA.6006.0002.7101—Email of January 2019 regarding comp to patron account
- STA.6006.0004.3888—Email of December 2018 regarding GC VIP domestic/cashier services
- STA.6006.0005.3177—Email of March 2017 regarding cost centre for present
- STA.6006.0005.3301—Email of December 2015 regarding loss
- STA.6006.0005.3357—Email of October 2021 regarding ban
Read or download the available procedural guidance:
- Procedural Guidance No.1
- Procedural Guidance No.2
- Procedural Guidance on document production and document management protocol
Further procedural guidance may be made available throughout the course of the Review.
Members of the public and interested organisations were invited to make written submissions to the Inquiry and Review regarding any matters in the Terms of Reference. In particular, Mr Gotterson AO KC welcomed submissions in relation to Part A and Part C of the Terms of Reference.
The period for public submissions is closed.
Evidence (including expert opinion evidence)
The Inquiry and Review sought:
- evidence from all persons who could provide factual information or documents relevant to any of the matters in Part A of the Terms of Reference, and
- expert opinion evidence from qualified persons relevant to any of the matters in Part A of the Terms of Reference.
The submission period for evidence is closed.
Media enquiries about the Review should be sent to the Liquor, Gaming and Fair Trading Communication Unit at email@example.com.