May is Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month
May is Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month (DFVP Month). Despite the unprecedented challenges arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, efforts will continue to raise community awareness and send a clear message that domestic and family violence will not be tolerated.
Queenslanders will unite under the Not now, not ever. Together. banner through virtual events and activities to mark DFVP Month. A social media campaign will also provide information about the types and signs of domestic and violence, how to respond and will highlight the support services available.
You can get involved in DFVP Month by:
- organising a virtual event to raise awareness about domestic and family violence during May
- downloading the eSignature and using it on your emails
- downloading the social media shareables and using them on your social media profiles
- downloading the poster and displaying it in your work area (for those of you still working in the office)
- following the conversation on Facebook or on social media by using #DVPreventionMonth, #endDV or #notnownotevertogether
- adding the #DVPreventionMonth Facebook frame to your profile picture to mark the month.
Please visit the Not Now, Not Ever. Together website for resources and event information, and ‘like’ the Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Queensland Facebook page for updates.