Perpetrator intervention services requirements
The Perpetrator intervention services requirements (PDF) or (DOCX) set a minimum program standard for services, leading to quality outcomes for victims and perpetrators, as well as consistency across the sector.
The requirements relate specifically to perpetrator intervention programs, including:
- group readiness
- duration of group programs
- maximum number of group participants
- gender of co-facilitators
- qualification and experience requirements of facilitators
- role, qualification, experience, frequency and duration of a victim advocate
- role, experience and frequency of an observer.
Perpetrator intervention services will be required to comply with the requirements by 1 January 2022.
The requirements are included in the Domestic and family violence support services investment specification.