Keeping Women Safe from Violence Grants
Applications are now closed for the Keeping Women Safe from Violence grant program (the grant program) to support the objectives of the National plan to end violence against women and children 2022–2032 (the Plan). The grant program is part of the Queensland Government’s shared commitment to ending violence against women and children within a generation.
The grant program was launched on 30 January 2023 and was funded through the Family, Domestic and Sexual Violence Responses 2021–23 National Partnership Agreement with the Commonwealth Government (the Agreement).
It sought applications for innovative initiatives, projects, events and sector capability enhancement that support ending violence against women and children and align with the Plan and the Agreement.
One-off grant funding up to $150,000 (excluding GST) was available from a total funding allocation of $3 million. Funding is for service delivery between April 2023 and 30 September 2024.
Funding was available under 2 categories:
- Category 1: $50,000 to $99,999 for smaller scale initiatives
- Category 2: $100,000 to $150,000 for larger projects and initiatives.
Organisations could only submit 1 application.
- be based in Queensland
- have no outstanding financial accountability, service delivery or performance issues for funding provided by the Queensland Government
- hold—or provide plans to obtain—insurance, which will cover the appropriate time period.
The initiative must:
- be completed by 30 September 2024
- be delivered in Queensland, and
- support the purpose of the plan.
How to apply
This grant program is now closed. Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome in April 2023.
You can read the following documents for more information about applicant eligibility, selection criteria and requirements for successful applicants:
Online grant forum
A grant information forum was held on Wednesday 8 February 2023 to provide an opportunity to ask questions about the grant program, the application process and how to write an application. Download the presentation from this forum.
- National plan to end violence against women and children 2022–2032
- Family, Domestic and Sexual Violence Responses 2021–23 National Partnership Agreement
- How to write an effective grant proposal provides you with a step-by-step approach on how to write your grant application for the grant program
- Frequently asked questions to assist grant applicants
If you have any questions about the grant program please phone 1800 177 577 or email email@example.com.